BIS: 2014-2020 Structural Fund Consultation Results Published
The Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) has published the results from its recent informal consultation on the delivery of EUi ‘Common Strategic Framework Funds’ in 2014-2020.
These Funds are:
- European Social Fund
- European Regional Development Fund
- Cohesion Fund
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund
Launched in March 2012, the consultation sought initial views on how the new round of funds can best be used to support sustainable economic growth and jobs, including various delivery options for the funds in England.
187 consultation responses were received from local and non-departmental government bodies, universities, the civil society sector and business organisations. 28 responses were submitted for Civil Society organisations, Netowkr for Europe also submitted a response. In broad terms, stakeholders called for:
- a reduction in the administrative burden in delivering each of the Funds
- the ability to align funds, as appropriate, to enable a more holistic approach to dealing with barriers to growth
- a flexible approach to funding programmes that allow for a place based approach. Securing local engagement would be key throughout all programmes
- better use of match funding by aligning national funding sources and being more creative in the use of local sources, including private sector
Next Steps in the Process:
The Government is now considering how to take the next phase of work forward and will gather further evidence during autumn 2012 before a formal consultation expected in spring 2013.
When the regulations have been adopted, Member States will need to develop and submit Partnership Agreements and Operational Programmes for 2014-2020. The timetable for this and the launch of programmes will depend on when agreement is reached on the EU budget for 2014-2020, as well as the regulations.
The Government will consider how to take forward the views of stakeholders and aim to launch a formal consultation for the Partnership Agreement in spring 2013. Network for Europe will be publishing information on the process of this consultation on our website and newsletters.
For further information please visit:
- Background documents to the consultation
- Network for Europe's Response to the BIS Consultation on Future Structural Funds
- Initial BIS Consultation onthe future of EU Structural Fund Government Response - Consultation results