NW Voluntary Sector delegation to Brussels - May 2012
Network for Europe was part of a recent delegation to visit Brussels to discover more about the EU funding programmes, how to influence the next round of funding due to start in 2014, how the European Parliament works and ways that local groups can contact and influence MEPs with specialist interests and responsibilities.
Participants on the visit included:
- Val Jones - Social Enterprise North West
- Monsignor John Devine OBE - North West Forum of Faiths
- Darren Knight - Lesbian & Gay Foundation
- Jeannie Gardiner - Cheshire Community Action
- Christine Baker - Learning Together Cheshire and Warrington
- Chris Heard - Greater Manchester Council for Voluntary Organisations
- John Hacking - Network for Europe
- Angeliki Stogia - Network for Europe
- Martin Preston - Voluntary Sector North West
- Helen Walker - Voluntary Sector North West
The group met with a variety of organisations and individuals including Merseyside Brussels Office, European Parliament MEPs Arlene McCarthy and Linda McAvan and Derek Vaughn who sits on the Committee on Budgets.
For more information about the trip please visit: North West Infrastructure Partnership visit to Brussels